Pear and Brie–Stuffed Chicken
Brie and pears combine in tender chicken rolls for an excellent stuffing. The breadcrumb coating adds a crunchy crust.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 oz. Brie cheese, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper; pound until 1⁄4 inch thick. Remove top sheet and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine pears, lemon juice, Brie, rice, and sour cream and mix well. Divide among chicken. Roll up chicken, folding in sides, to enclose filling; secure with toothpicks.
- Place eggs in shallow bowl; combine breadcrumbs and flour on plate. Dip chicken bundles in eggs, then in breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat. Let stand on wire rack to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in a small bowl. Place chicken in baking dish and drizzle butter over the top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.