Make this recipe throughout the autumn and winter for a healthy dose of vitamin C and lots of fiber!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 3 pears, cored and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9-by-9-inch casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Combine the apples, pears, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in the prepared casserole dish.
- Combine the oatmeal, flour, whole-wheat flour, and brown sugar in a medium bowl and mix well. Add the melted butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake until the fruit bubbles and the topping browns and crisps, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the crisp cool for 15 minutes before serving.