Pear Custard with Pecans
Fruit custards are a traditional dish. With a bottom crust, this would become a custard tart.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 whole eggs
- 1½ cups low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Splenda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick spray. Place the pears in the baking dish and sprinkle them with lemon juice.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, Splenda, and salt and pour over the pears. Sprinkle the top with pecans.
- Bake for 540 minutes or until set.