For this recipe, you first make a meatloaf by mixing shredded pear with ground meat, breadcrumbs, mustard, and sage and baking it in a loaf pan. Make sandwiches by placing slices of meatloaf and fresh pear between slices of baguette.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large pears, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef (94% lean)
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large baguette, sliced into 16 slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel, core, and shred 1 pear. Place it in a large bowl with ground beef, onion, egg, bread crumbs, shredded pear, Dijon, sage, salt, and pepper and mix together with hands until evenly distributed. Press mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until fully cooked. Let meatloaf sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, core and slice the remaining pear.
- For each sandwich, place a slice of meatloaf and a slice of pear on a slice of baguette. Top with another slice of baguette and serve.