Pears in Orange Sauce
This is the perfect dessert for any Italian or fish dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Bartlett pears, cored and halved
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1⁄4 tsp. orange zest
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- In a medium-sized skillet, bring the water to boil. Add the pear halves, cover, and simmer gently over low heat until tender when pierced with a knife, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the orange juice, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the honey, orange zest, and salt; mix well.
- Place over medium heat and cook until thickened and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the sauce on plates and top with pears.