Pebbles® S'mores Doughnuts
The chocolatey flavor of Cocoa Pebbles® and sweetness of marshmallow bits makes a s’mores-y combination for these doughnuts!
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 9 minutesTotal: 19 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground Cocoa Pebbles® Cereal
- 1⁄3 cup Cocoa Pebbles® Cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon hot water (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1⁄3 cup mini marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar, ground Cocoa Pebbles®, baking powder and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Beat until just combined. Spoon doughnut batter in a gallon-size plastic zip top bag. Cut off a ½” piece from one corner. Pipe into each doughnut cup.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing.
- In medium bowl, melt chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup on 50% power for 1 minute, stirring frequently until completely melted. If the glaze is too thick, stir in 1 teaspoon of hot water, stirring until the glaze is smooth. Use immediately to glaze doughnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham crackers, Cocoa Pebbles® and marshmallow bits. Sprinkle on top of glazed doughnuts and serve immediately.