A crust made out of shortbread cookies and pecans is topped with a wonderfully chewy filling.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- ½ cup ground pecans
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, ground pecans, and melted butter and mix until crumbly. Press into the bottom of a 13" x 9" pan and set aside.
- In same bowl, cream softened butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour, then chopped pecans. Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Bake bars at 350°F for 35 minutes or until filling is just set. Cool for 30 minutes on wire rack and cut into bars.