This cake is perfect for a special occasion or with your afternoon coffee.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate the eggs. Finely grate the pecans. Melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat. Blend together the flour and baking powder.
- Beat the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl until they are thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in the ⅔ cup sugar. Beat in the lemon juice and grated pecans. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Slowly beat in the melted butter. Beat the egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form. Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9" round cake pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Combine the orange marmalade and the ¼ cup sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until the sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. While still warm, use as a glaze for the cake.