This tasty cheesecake is easy to put together…the hardest part is letting it cook and cool before taking a bite! The sugary pecan mixture pairs perfectly with the creamy cheesecake.
Serves: 10Prep: 35 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 cups vanilla wafer cookies, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 3 packages (8 oz.) Kroger® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, ¼ cup brown sugar and 5 tablespoons of melted butter together. Press into the bottom of a 9” springform pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and creamy. Fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the crust in the springform pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then turn the oven off and leave the cheese cake in the oven for another hour, with the door closed. Refrigerate the cheesecake for 2-3 hours.
- To make the topping, combine 4 tablespoons of butter and ½ cup brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook 3-5 minutes, until bubbly, then stir in the cinnamon, heavy whipping cream and chopped pecans. Cool to room temperature.
- Release the sides of the springform pan and spoon the topping over the cooled cheesecake. Store the cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.