Pecan Chicken Breasts
Pecans provide a subtle crunch to tender chicken breasts. The texture and the taste blend for a startlingly exciting dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Mix bread crumbs and pecans in a flat dish. Sprinkle flour in a shallow dish or glass pie plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg substitute, water, and Tabasco sauce in a medium bowl. Dip chicken breasts first in the flour, then in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes, making sure to brown evenly on all sides.