The pecan crust in this cheesecake is so good, you’ll wonder why you ever made it with graham crackers.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cup erythritol powdered sweetener, divided
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pecans in a food processor and pulse until pecans are smooth. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add crushed pecans, almond meal, cinnamon, and 1⁄4 cup erythritol to melted butter. Stir until combined. Allow mixture to cool slightly and pour into a spring form pan. Press mixture into pan so the bottom is covered and the crust comes 1 inch up the sides are adequately covered. Bake in oven until slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Put cream cheese in a stand mixer and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sour cream to cream cheese and beat until incorporated. Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and remaining 1 cup erythritol and beat until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of pecan crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cake should still jiggle when you remove it from the oven. Allow to cool, then store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.