Pecan-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Pecans, mustard, and garlic make a delicious and crunchy coating on simple chicken breasts.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups green lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- On a plate, combine pecans, flour, salt, pepper, and marjoram. In shallow bowl, combine eggs, garlic, and mustard and beat well.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then into pecan mixture to coat, pressing coating into chicken. Let stand on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 6 minutes on each side, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve sliced on a bed of greens with tomatoes.