These meringues are fantastic served with coffee or coffee ice cream. For an extra-special treat, dip the bottoms in melted bittersweet chocolate and let set.
Makes: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 18 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- Beat egg white and salt in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually; beat until stiff and glossy. Gently fold in pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheet; bake 30 for minutes. While still warm, press one pecan half into the top of each cookie
- Remove from the baking sheet immediately and cool on wire racks.