Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Add a cup of raisins for extra sweetness if you like.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheets with light cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add the eggs, applesauce, and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Beat well. Stir in the oats and pecans and mix well.
- Drop dough into mounds on baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake 15 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.