Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Add a cup of raisins for extra sweetness if you like.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheets with light cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add the eggs, applesauce, and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Beat well. Stir in the oats and pecans and mix well.
- Drop dough into mounds on baking sheets, about 2" apart. Bake 15 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.