Pecan Pie Bars
These taste just like pecan pie, but they are so easy. You can sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips over the crust before pouring on the filling for a chocolaty variation.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 10-by-15-inch jelly roll pan with parchment, allowing it to overhang sides and ends slightly.
- Stir together flour, 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, and salt. Cut in softened butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into the pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Mix together corn syrup, eggs, 3⁄4 cup granulated, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until set. Cool completely before cutting into bars.