Pecan Pie Bars
These taste just like pecan pie, but they are so easy. You can sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips over the crust before pouring on the filling for a chocolaty variation.
Serves: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 10" × 15" jelly roll pan with parchment, allowing it to overhang sides and ends slightly.
- Stir together flour, ½ cup granulated sugar, and salt. Cut in softened butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into the pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Mix together corn syrup, eggs, ¾ cup granulated, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until set. Cool completely before cutting into bars.