Pecan Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream
Bourbon whipped cream works beautifully with this traditional holiday pie.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie pastry shell
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. bourbon
- 1 Tbsp. superfine sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake pie shell until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Remove.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add the corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, salt, and pecans; mix well. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is set. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Whip cream, bourbon, and sugar together until stiff peaks form. Add a dollop to each slice of pie.