Pecan Praline Cookies
These yummy, buttery, brown-sugar pecan cookies are a favorite for holiday baking. For variety, make half of them with the powdered sugar coating and then roll the other half in cinnamon sugar.
Makes: 60Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Sifted powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light. Stir in vanilla, and then stir in flour. Using your hands, mix in chopped pecans. The dough will be crumbly.
- Shape dough into small balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cookies are firm and lightly browned on bottoms. Let cool slightly, and then gently roll in powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.