Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pumpkin Pie combines the best of both worlds into one decadent and perfectly sweet holiday pie that is perfect for Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 unbaked 9” deep dish pie shell
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Line a 9” pie plate with pie dough. Roll edges under and create a scalloped pattern.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, two beaten eggs and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Pour the mixture into the pie dough and level it with the back of the spoon.
- Wash and dry the bowl, then combine the corn syrup, sugar, the other two beaten eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and pecans. Gently pour over the pumpkin mixture. If desired, place the pecans in a symmetrical pattern.
- Cover the crust loosely with aluminum foil or a pie shield to keep it from browning too much.
- Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Without opening the door, reduce heat to 350°F. Bake an additional 40-45 minutes until crust is golden brown. Turn oven off and crack oven door. Allow pie to sit in open oven for about 15 minutes before removing.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.