These dainty confectioners’ sugar-dusted cookies have a robust pecan flavor. If you prefer, you can also make these with walnuts, macadamia nuts, or almonds, or you can even use a mix of nuts.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, combine the butter and granulated sugar. Mix on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute, then increase the speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and pecans and mix on low speed to combine.
- Scoop the dough by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets leaving 1 inch between each cookie. Press the tines of a fork into the tops of each cookie to gently flatten. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Cool the cookies for 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack and dust immediately with confectioners’ sugar. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days or up to 1 month in the freezer.