Pecan–Crusted Pumpkin Cream Pie
This sophisticated version of pumpkin pie has a nutty crust and rum-spiked whipped cream.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the bowl and whisk attachment of a stand mixer in the freezer until you are ready to make whipped cream.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add the flour and nuts to make the crust. Pat into a 9-inch pie tin or springform pan (bottom and sides).
- Combine pumpkin, cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°F and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the pie comes out clean.
- Pour cream, rum, and sugar into the chilled bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Serve slices of pie with a dollop of whipped cream, a dusting of pumpkin pie spice, and toasted almonds.