Peck of Peppers Tart
For this colorful entrée, mix and match the colors, sizes, and heat quotient of the peppers you select. If you don’t want it too piquant, go easy on the hot chilies. Otherwise, live it up.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 deep-dish pie crust (9")
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the garlic. Add the peppers and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ham and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the eggs, milk, cheese, paprika, salt, and pepper together until well combined. Stir in the peppers and pour the mixture into the piecrust.
- Bake the tart for 30 minutes or until the center is firm and the top browns. Serve hot.