Peeps S’mores Bars
Layers of graham crackers and fudgy chocolate get an Easter upgrade when topped with marshmallow treats.
Serves: 16Prep: 25 minutesCook: 1 hour 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger® Original Graham Cracker, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar plus ½ cup, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, plus ½ cup, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 Peeps marshmallow candies
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8”x8” baking pan with parchment paper, allowing a couple of inches to hang over the edges of the pan.
- In a bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, microwave chocolate chips and ½ cup butter together until melted. Allow to cool slightly. Whisk in ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in flour until just combined. Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until brownies are set. Top with peeps and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Turn oven to 500°F. Bake 3-5 minutes until Peeps have puffed and are slightly golden. Cut into bars to serve.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Tip: Dip a knife in hot water and wipe between cuts. This will help get through the sticky marshmallow. Allow the brownies to cool for 30 minutes before toasting the Peeps, so you can serve the bars while the marshmallow is still warm.