Penne Pasta Primavera
Use any fresh vegetable that is in your crisper. Or, you could use any canned vegetable you have on hand; just drain it and add at the very end of cooking.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in large saucepan combine olive oil and onion. Cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic; cook for 3 minutes longer.
- When water boils, add pasta; cook until al dente according to package directions. In small bowl, combine milk, sour cream, cornstarch, salt, and mustard and mix well. Add to saucepan with vegetables; heat until simmering.
- Drain pasta and add to saucepan; toss with tongs until coated. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.