Penne with Artichoke Hearts
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 artichoke hearts, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. plus ¼ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Add the artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring at least 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the pasta, stir to separate, and cook until not quite al dente. Drain.
- Toss the pasta with the artichoke sauce and basil. Season with pepper and remaining salt. Pour into a warm serving bowl and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.