Penne with Meaty Tomato Sauce
It’s surprisingly simple to make a good tomato and meat sauce. Serve this one with penne pasta and grated Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz.) tomato sauce
- 7½ cups cooked penne pasta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add ground beef, onion, and garlic; cook, breaking up beef with wooden spoon for 5–7 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink.
- Skim off all but 1 tablespoon of fat and add tomato sauce. Stir and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, toss well, and cook for a few more minutes, or until pasta is hot. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.