Penne with Tomato and Fresh Basil for One
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 6 basil leaves, minced
- 1¾ cups milled fresh tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1¼ cups cooked penne
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook over high heat for approximately 5 minutes so that the sauce reduces.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle Parmesan over pasta and stir, cooking briefly over high heat until sauce completely adheres to the pasta. Serve immediately.