Penne with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
The combination of pasta, tomatoes, and mozzarella is classic; and this dish does not disappoint. It’s full hearty tomatoes, and shredded cheese!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut in small cubes
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook penne according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking combine olive oil, basil, tomatoes, marinara, and mozzarella cheese. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside and let stand.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and immediately add to the tomato mixture. Toss quickly.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.