Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Peppermint crumbles and white chocolate spruce up these already flavorful cookies, pushing them over the holiday edge! You’ll love adding this recipe to your cookie exchange this season.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips, divided
- 3 oz. chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 8 hard peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Into the bowl of a mixer add sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla, and egg. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Gently fold in half of the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets by the tablespoon, leaving 2" between each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Cool on the pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small microwavable bowl, heat remaining chocolate chips for 2 minutes on high, stirring once halfway through, until melted. Stir in peppermint extract.
- Dip half of each cooled cookie into melted chocolate, carefully tapping off any excess. Transfer cookies to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with ½ teaspoon crushed candy. Wait to serve until chocolate has set.