Peppermint Ice Cream Cookie Pie
This chocolate and peppermint pie is the perfect treat for the kid inside all of us.
Serves: 12Prep: 2 hours 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 36 Simple Truth™ Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 quarts peppermint ice cream, softened
- 12 Simple Truth™ Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peppermint candies, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- To make the crust, generously butter a 9" pie plate. Crush 24 sandwich cookies in food processor or with a plastic bag and rolling pin. In a large bowl, stir crushed cookies with butter. Using your fingertips, evenly press mixture into bottom and sides of pie plate. You do not need to bake it before adding filling.
- Add the ice cream to a large bowl and allow to soften until “workable.” Add crushed cookies and chocolate chips. Mix together well. Smooth evenly into crust. Set in freezer until needed.
- Using a mixer, whip the cream with sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Top the ice cream with whipped cream and sprinkle with peppermint pieces and chocolate chips. Cover loosely with foil and return to freezer at least two hours before serving.
- Place the fudge sauce in a bowl and add in the peppermint extract. When ready to serve, slice with sharp knife that has been dipped in warm water. Heat fudge sauce and drizzle each slice with sauce.