Pepperoni, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Calzones
These savory morsels go well with a cold beer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. pizza dough
- 1 cup mushrooms, stemmed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 slices pepperoni, chopped
- 4 fresh sage leaves, shredded
- 4 oz. goat cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese. grated
- Heat oven to 425° F. Sprinkle the cornmeal on the board and roll the dough into 4 rounds, each 6 inches across.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the olive oil, then add pepperoni and sage. Cook for five minutes.
- Spread goat cheese on bottom half of each calzone and add mushroom mixture and mozzarella. Fold the top half of each calzone over the bottom and crimp shut with a fork.
- Warm pizza stone in oven before placing calzones on it. Bake calzones until golden brown, about 10 minutes.