Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
This one-pot pasta dish is the definition of a family meal. You can use salami or chorizo here instead of pepperoni if you wish.
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Olive Oil
- 4 ounces Pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Ground Sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 16 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Tomato Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Dried Oregano
- 4 cups water
- 4 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Penne Pasta
- 1 ball Murray’s Fresh Mozzarella
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pepperoni and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden and set aside on a small plate. Add the sausage meat to the pan and, using a wooden spoon, break it up. Fry for 6-8 minutes until browned. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the onions have softened slightly.
- Put half the pepperoni back in the pan, along with the passata tomatoes, oregano and water. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir. Bring to a boil and add the pasta; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 14-16 minutes. Stirring continuously to prevent it sticking to the base of the pan.
- Preheat an oven to high. Once the dish is cooked, season to taste and scatter the remaining pepperoni and the mozzarella across the top. Place dish in the preheated oven for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted, oozing and golden.