Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
Give pizza night a fun twist with these DIY pizza pockets. Each handheld is stuffed with gooey cheese, pepperoni and lots of Italian flavor.
Serves: 6Prep: 2 hoursCook: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm (110°F) water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Pizza Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Finely Shredded Pizza Blend
- 1⁄2 Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 large egg + 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In bowl of stand mixer, stir together water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast over water; let sit 10 minutes, until foamy. Add olive oil and salt. Use dough hook to slowly incorporate flour.
- Spray large mixing bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough into bowl; cover with kitchen towel. Let rise 1 to 2 hours, until doubled in size. Generously flour work area; knead dough until elastic-like.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into large circle, about 12”. Use round 4” cookie cutter to cut 12 circles. Stretch each circle to about 6”.
- On prepared baking sheet, arrange dough circles. On half of each circle, spoon ½ tablespoon sauce; top with 3 pepperoni and ½ tablespoon cheese.
- Fold dough over toppings; pinch edges with fork. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Refrigerate leftovers.