If you’re a real pepperoni lover, feel free to increase the amount used on each pizza. Buy freshly sliced pepperoni from a deli counter rather than prepackaged slices.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. pepperoni, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into 2 circles (12 inches in diameter), slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Spread 3⁄4 cup sauce in the center of each pizza, leaving one inch around the edges bare.
- Sprinkle 1⁄2 cup Parmesan over the sauce on each pizza. Distribute 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella evenly over each pizza, leaving edges bare. Distribute pepperoni slices evenly over each pizza.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.