Pepperoni Pizza with Homemade Sauce
To make this pizza even easier, use store-bought pizza sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 package (6 oz.) pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Sauté onion and garlic until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes flavors.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 14" circle and place on a large baking sheet. Spread sauce over dough and top with pepperoni slices. Sprinkle cheeses over pepperoni.
- Bake pizza 20 minutes until crust is crisp, pizza is hot, and cheese is melted and beginning to brown.