Tons of recipes involve pesto, so have this version on hand! Keep it in the refrigerator for 2–3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- ½ cup toasted unsalted pine nuts
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic cloves, lemon juice, and ¼ cup of the olive oil. Process until well blended.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.