The Perfect Breakfast Potatoes
These flavorful potatoes will work perfectly with your favorite omelet or scramble. Yellow potatoes are a popular choice for their soft and creamy texture, but you can use your favorite potatoes if you don’t have yellow potatoes available. Russet potatoes are starchier but will also work great with this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups water
- 1½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1½ pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large stockpot, bring the water to a boil and add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add the potatoes, cover, and cook over medium to low heat for approximately 7 minutes. (You are just trying to precook the potatoes; you don’t want them too soft.) Strain the potatoes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the potatoes and immediately season with thyme, ½ tsp. salt, and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes 10 minutes until lightly browned, stirring every minute or so.