The Perfect CLT Sandwiches
Sure, you might see BLTs more often on menus—but CLTs are a much cleaner choice! Skip the fatty bacon and enjoy this flavorful sandwich instead.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup shredded romaine hearts
- 2 slices beefsteak tomato
- 2 100% whole wheat hamburger buns
- Prepare a grill with olive oil spray over medium heat.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning on the breasts, and place on the grill. Cook the breasts for 7–8 minutes, turn, and continue cooking for another 7 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- While the breasts finish, dash the balsamic vinegar over the chicken.
- Remove the breasts from the grill, and place on buns. Top chicken with tomato slices, shredded lettuce, and bun top.