Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
These taste delicious served warm from the oven.
Makes: 40 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 40 cookies
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, and the sugars. Stir in the pecans. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, sift the baking soda and salt into the flour. Gradually add it to the peanut butter mixture, stirring to mix. Roll the dough into balls about 1" to 1½" in diameter. Place on the prepared baking sheets, approximately 2" apart, and press down in the middle with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool and store in a sealed container.