Perfect Pizza Sauce
Your own homemade pizza sauce is healthier than bottled.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 can (6 oz.) low-sodium tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add carrot; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Add tomato paste and stir. Let cook for 5–6 minutes or until paste begins to brown.
- Add the undrained tomatoes; cook, stirring to scrape the bottom of the pan. Let simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients and remove from heat. Use as directed in recipes or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.