Perfect Potato Fries
Served with the perfect hamburger (or portabella burger), these fries make a healthy spin on the traditional store bought or restaurant-ordered variety. Baking versus frying is always a smart trade-up, so these fries are the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 Idaho potatoes, washed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then in long strips about 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 inches in width. In a large resealable plastic bag, toss the potatoes with the olive oil to coat. In a small dish, combine the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place the potato strips on the baking sheet and sprinkle with half of the seasonings. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crispy.
- Turn fries and sprinkle with remaining seasonings. Return to the oven and continue baking about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.