Perfect Potato Salad
A waxy variety of potato makes the best salad because they hold their shape quite well. Potato varieties that work well in salads include Yellow Finn, boiling potatoes, red-skinned potatoes, round whites, purple potatoes, and new potatoes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. potatoes
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Peel potatoes; cut in half or quarter. If using new potatoes, just scrub and cut in half or quarter. Cover with water and boil just until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool completely.
- Cut cooled potatoes into small cubes. In a large bowl, combine potatoes with eggs, onion, and celery. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gently stir until combined and all ingredients are well moistened.