Perfect Pumpkin Pie
This creamy holiday classic is a staple in almost every home . . . and now it can be a holiday staple in the homes of clean eaters, too.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9")
- 1 can (15 oz.) puréed pumpkin
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. Sucanat
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and set out the prepared pie crust.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin purée, almond milk, yogurt, eggs, and honey, and mix well. Add the Sucanat, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and cloves, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the pie mixture into the prepared pie crust, and bake 45 minutes, or until center is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.