Perfect and Tender Pot Roast
Making pot roast is an easy way to create a large meal for the family. It is juicy, flavorful, and delicious.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 chuck roast (4 lbs.)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups gluten-free beef stock
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 celery stalks, cut into big chunks
- 4 medium shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast in the hot oil and sear it for about 5 minutes per side to create a nice brown crust.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker.
- To the slow cooker, add the stock, cumin, carrots, celery, shallots, garlic, bay leaves, and rosemary.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on high until the roast is falling-apart tender. Pull or slice roast into large chunks to serve.