Perfect Vegan Pancakes
These vegan pancakes are dairy- and egg-free, which makes this dish cholesterol-free as well. But the taste and texture? It’s all there! Light, fluffy, dreamy, steamy, and delicious, these pancakes are perfect. If you’re watching your fat, omit the oil.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄3 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups almond milk
- Measure flour, sugar, flaxseed, and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or medium skillet over medium-low to low heat. Once hot, ladle roughly 1⁄3 cup batter onto the hot pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and the bottom is golden brown, roughly 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook 2–3 minutes more, then remove pancake from heat. If pancakes brown too quickly, lower heat to low.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining batter. Serve pancakes warm.