Perfect Vegan Pancakes
These vegan pancakes are dairy- and egg-free, which makes this dish cholesterol-free as well. But the taste and texture? It’s all there! Light, fluffy, dreamy, steamy, and delicious, these pancakes are perfect. If you’re watching your fat, omit the oil.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⅓ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⅓ cups almond milk
- Measure flour, sugar, flaxseed, and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or medium skillet over medium-low to low heat. Once hot, ladle roughly ⅓ cup batter onto the hot pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and the bottom is golden brown, roughly 2–3 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook 2–3 minutes more, then remove pancake from heat. If pancakes brown too quickly, lower heat to low.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining batter. Serve pancakes warm.