Perfectly Peach Tart
This fruity tart can be made any time of the year for a refreshing treat. Substitute other fruits for peaches, like pears or apricots. Fresh fruit would work, too.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 5 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 3 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg and vanilla extract. Beat well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to margarine mixture. Blend well.
- Spread the dough over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the texture is uniform. Add remaining egg and 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix until blended. Pour over the crust.
- In a large bowl, toss peach slices with cinnamon and arrange in a spoke pattern over the dough.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are beginning to brown. Cool 10 minutes and remove sides of the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.