Perfectly Peach Tart
This fruity tart can be made any time of the year for a refreshing treat. Substitute other fruits for peaches, like pears or apricots. Fresh fruit would work, too.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup trans-fat-free margarine
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cooking spray in 9" springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt to margarine mixture. Blend well.
- Spread the dough over the bottom and 1" up the sides of the pan.
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until the texture is uniform. Add the egg and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix until blended. Pour over the crust.
- Toss the peach slices with the cinnamon and arrange in “spoke” fashion over the dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are beginning to brown. Cool 10 minutes and remove sides of the pan.