Inspired by Italian pesto, this sauce is always served with pasta, but you can vary the kind of pasta and use it over ravioli or gnocchi.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 lb. spinach, stems removed
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup diced queso fresco (fresh white cheese)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In the hot oil, sauté the onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown. Add the spinach and basil leaves and cook until wilted. Drain any excess liquid.
- Transfer to a blender and process with the milk, cheese, salt, and pepper until smooth. Serve with spaghetti.