Inspired by Italian pesto, this sauce is always served with pasta, but you can vary the kind of pasta and use it over ravioli or gnocchi.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 lb. spinach, stems removed
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup diced queso fresco (fresh white cheese)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In the hot oil, sauté the onion and garlic for 3–5 minutes, until golden brown. Add the spinach and basil leaves and cook until wilted. Drain any excess liquid.
- Transfer to a blender and process with the milk, cheese, salt, and pepper until smooth. Serve with spaghetti.