Pesto Penne with Tomatoes
This super-easy skillet meal cooks the pasta right in the pan, so you don’t have to boil extra water to cook it.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 1⁄2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth; bring to a boil. Stir in penne; bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in pesto and cheese; remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Toss with tomatoes and serve.