Pesto Pizza Sauce
A little pesto sauce packs a lot of flavor. Experiment with a variety of herbs, nuts, and cheeses to create your own signature pesto.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2½ cups fresh basil leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ⅔ cup pine nuts
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, and cheeses in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse to finely chop ingredients.
- With processor running, add olive oil to ingredients in a steady stream. Continue processing just until mixture is completely puréed and blended.