Pesto is delicious just tossed with hot cooked pasta and some chopped fresh tomatoes. It is also a great topping for grilled or broiled chicken or fish. Mix it with some sour cream for an appetizer dip, and use it as a sandwich spread when you make ham sandwiches.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine fresh basil, garlic, dried basil, and pine nuts in food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil in a fine stream. Add lemon juice, then 2 to 3 tablespoons water to make a smooth paste.