Peter Piper Peppers
This simple recipe starts with mini tri-color peppers. Infused with flavor, they’re delicious on tacos, or your can serve them alongside grilled meats. Unless, of course, you’re too busy snacking on them straight out of the jar!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 large sprig fresh dill or cilantro
- ½ lb. mini tri-color bell peppers
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook vinegar, water, sugar, and salt together until mixture begins to simmer and salt dissolves.
- Place onions, dill and peppers into a 1-pint mason jar. Cover with brine. Twist lid on tightly.
- Refrigerate overnight. Store in refrigerator and enjoy within 5 weeks.